Planting Day

Today I spent more than 12 hours planting firs. My goal was to get all the firs in 2010 Fir Experiment #2 planted today, I nearly did. At the end of the day I discovered that I had been shorted 3 firs, so I will need to dip into my reserves to replace them. So today 957 of 960 firs were planted.

I also set up small pieces of pipe in the my flooding treatment boxes so I can observe water levels. Tomorrow the irrigation system will be set-up. The experiment will officially get underway next week when I release the Phytophthora.

957 firs in a row.

Tomorrow I will move on to filling the boxes for 2010 Fir Experiment #3 with soil (they’re the boxes on the right side of the picture above, you can only see half of them). My goal is to have the firs for that experiment all planted by the end of the day Thursday.


Leave a comment

Filed under General

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s