Last week I finished planting the Canaan firs at my screening site. Today was dedicated to final field modifications, creating a slight trench on the downhill side of each row to hold water and making sure the hard fescue walkways were set up for the mower.
This afternoon I took a few pictures of the field.
Prepping and planting the field was physically draining but mentally refreshing. It was great to spend time working with actual plants, not just reading about them or forming hypotheses. In a couple of weeks these firs went from a Missouri gravel bed near Beaver Stadium to a poorly drained field at Rock Springs.
So now I am free to switch into high gear on my spring fir experiments. The next few weeks should be interesting. . .